The Fred Smith Company is currently seeking experienced CDL truck drivers to fill multiple positions. We are a self-perform heavy civil contractor working in the greater Raleigh and Triangle area. Pay will be commensurate with experience; all employees are eligible after 90 days for benefits such as health, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
Positions open include:
- Dump Truck
- Water Truck
- Must have tanker endorsement
- Fuel Truck
- Must have Hazmat and Tanker endorsement
Essential duties of the role include:
- Follow all company safety policies including taking specific action to avoid incidents with the traveling public.
- Operate equipment in an efficient manner and follow instructions management
- Follow all equipment monitoring and maintenance requirements and maintain DOT required logbooks
- For Lowboy positions, move/operate and safely secure heavy construction equipment
- Must have a valid Class A or B CDL license, current medical examiners certificate and endorsements if applicable to the position
Interested candidates can apply for a position in one of the following ways:
- Fill out an application online at www.fredsmithcompany.net/careers
- Apply in person at 6105 Chapel Hill Road, Raleigh 27607
Local applicants are preferred. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Fred Smith Company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Fred Smith Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability. Fred Smith Company is required by law and does E-Verify all prospective employees prior to employment.